Friday, March 11, 2005

Music Bulletin #1

I realise I'm making more and more fanboy-ish blog entries on music, so from now on I'll just set them all apart by calling them Music Bulletins. For starters, I've now got tickets for two shows when I travel to NYC in May:

1. Kasabian (with Mad Action) at the Bowery Ballroom, 17th May
2. Snow Patrol (with Athlete) at the Roseland Ballroom, 20th May

I was considering adding (3) Nine Inch Nails (with Dresden Dolls) at the Hammerstein Ballroom 16th May to the list, but passed on it for a number of reasons. I've also discovered, to my dismay, that I will miss New Order's gig in NYC by a good 10 days.

On another note, I'm getting excited about The Tears' forthcoming debut, "Here Come the Tears". I've posted about them a number of times--they're the new band formed from the ashes of Britpop giants Suede. That was a band that pushed my musical, lyrical and aesthetic buttons, and just about everything I like about them seem to be surfacing in The Tears. Listen to their debut single recorded off internet radio here and check out their album artwork.

Incidentally, I was elated to find a webpage with photos and videos of the Suede concert (Fort Canning Park, Singapore) I attended in January 2003. Apart from holding a special meaning for my girlfriend and I, it also achieved some notoreity among fans for being the only stop in that tour in which Brett Anderson bared his torso. He was actually fined for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home