Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Bluest Screen of Death

It had to happen sooner or later, but still it was sudden.

My computer has malfunctioned. I don't know what the problem is yet, and I'm hoping some of you can help me.

So there I was, working on a Wordpad document at home last night, when I left my room for a glass of water. When I came back, the entire screen was a bizarre electric blue. Nothing I pressed short of Ctrl-Alt-Del caused even the slightest flicker. When I turned it off, the blue collapsed into a blinding vertical blue line in the middle of the screen before disappearing.

I'd show you all the photo I took of it, except WHOOPS, I can't post it because I need Hello to do that, and that's on my computer (I'm posting this from a computer in school).

Thank goodness I've the sense not to keep any of my schoolwork on my hard disk. But all my songs-in-progress are there. I generally only back up a song once it's complete, so I still have many unfinished works--including pieces for my student club's musical--in there.

I really hope it's only the monitor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home