Friday, March 18, 2005

Know thy Minister

This will be funny only for Singaporeans.

A management module project mate just got back to me with the transcript of an interview I and another project mate did with a director in a local company. The interview was recorded with the director's permission.

Somewhere in her transcription was the line "We got the VIvian Ganna chrisnan of MOM to officiate the exihibition."

I was tickled red by this. Even if the recording wasn't clear, there's no way any literate Singaporean can or should fluff Vivian Balakrishnan's name, what with his high profile these days. If you don't know your MP(s), then at least know your Cabinet Ministers yeah?

2 Comments:

At Fri Mar 18, 04:57:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did mention to you how, when I was telling other people about our trip to Potong Pasir, more than one didn't know Chiam See Tong was an opposition MP, right?

I mean, it's not exactly hard to keep track of opposition MPs in Singapore, given their number.

 
At Sat Mar 19, 01:00:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Another example: Tharman Shanmugaratnam. I always slip and call him Tharman Shanmuganathan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home