Sunday, March 27, 2005

...And They Will Live Happily Ever After

It's finally begun. I got this email just a while ago:
Dear friends in A01D,

I'm sorry to surprise so many of you this way, but I will be getting married on 25 June this year. The wedding will be from 2pm to 5pm on a Saturday. If you would like to attend, please e-mail us at xxxxxx@gmail.com and give your mailing address, so that we can send you an invitation card.

Thanks, and best regards :)
It comes from a junior college classmate who graduates in July. He's the second last guy of our class to get attached, and many of our classmates don't even know he's got a girlfriend. This announcement will be especially unreal to them, I'm sure. What next? Will the floodgates will open, as they did with my girlfriend's own friends? It's funny people are reminded of how old they are only when their friends (i) get married, and (ii) die. Welcome to my life Mk II, then...

2 Comments:

At Tue Mar 29, 10:26:00 am, Blogger NaiveGuy said...

Dun mind me commenting but you sure your friend is not pulling a fast one on you as APril fools is just ard the corner and ppl do play wacky jokes during thsi time of the year.

 
At Tue Mar 29, 02:45:00 pm, Blogger The Empty Signifier said...

Good observation; I always forget about April Fools' Day till I'm affected by it. This one, however, is for real. I knew about it from quite a while back. It's still somewhat of a shock for me though, because marriage is no small decision.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home