Thursday, January 20, 2005

Cease and Thesis!!

I just got the fright of my life when someone from the sociology department called and asked why I hadn't submitted my thesis registration form. I somehow knew all along that it was due on the 17th, but when I checked again a few days ago, the form said 21st. As it turns out, that was a typo and I'm one of two champions in a group of twenty who haven't registered.

This is a wake-up call. It has the same shock value as finding out you've slipped a class of honours because you f***ed up your thesis, without the dire consequences. The last two weeks have been a honeymoon haze of free days, spring cleaning, illness and songwriting. Time to knuckle down and kick back into top gear!

On a more cheerful note, I managed to get a much-coveted ticket to this year's Kent Ridge Ministerial Forum. I was one of the first in a queue that grew to insane lengths later in the afternoon. Looks like after all these years, MM Lee is still the real Singapore Idol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home