Tuesday, January 04, 2005

A Spoiled Choice

Module selection, as any FASS student will attest to, is a queen bitch. There are always timetable clashes, exam clashes, this-module-is-scoreable-but-it clashes, I-really-like-this-module-but-it clashes, this-gives-me-a-free-day-but-it clashes... the list goes on.

So when it came to this, my final semester, I was hoping things would be a little better. After all, unlike the 5-module load of previous semesters, I only have to do 2 this semester because my honours thesis already counts for 3. So here I am, expecting to sweep up two modules I've been gunning for since the middle of last semester: UPC2305 Transportation Planning in Singapore, and the ever-popular cross-fac for arts students MNO1001 Management and Organization. Since forever, they've been the only options I entertained in my mind. And what happens?

Their exams clash.

After knowing this for some two weeks now, I finally go about the business of checking out alternatives today. I'm quite set on MNO1001 since it's fairly straightforward and may even prove useful later in life. So I need another USP science-based module (it's a requirement I've been pushing back for many semesters now). After eliminating (1) a module which has been around so long that there's nothing new I can possibly offer in my assignments, (2) a module which is useful and popular but requires intimate knowledge of Excel, (3) a module which has no exams but is on nanotechnology; I finally settle on placing bids on ULS2204 Biodiversity and Conservation Biology. It's a new module (which is a small risk), but bio-based modules have always been a safe bet with arts retards like myself.

Wish me luck.

1 Comments:

At Sun Jul 17, 01:55:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..I am doing research on transportation in Singapore. May i know what are some of the reading materials for the module UPC2305?

dum801406dd@yahoo.com.sg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home